The textile revolution is here, be on the front line of making a change, one shirt at a time. What's it like to work at LABFRESH? Keep on reading.
"Why should you join us, you might ask. Well, let me start at the beginning.
I joined LABFRESH as the first employee, just 2 months after Kasper & Lotte have put the first ever business shirt on Kickstarter. I had full responsibility from day one and the first few months were challenging: with no inventory to sell, we had to start building a company from the ground up and learning as we go. Luckily we quickly found that people believed in us and the product. The support from family, friends, press and customers still warms my heart daily.
As for my position as Head of Growth, I am challenged in my role daily - and even outside of it! I am constantly learning new things and developing myself while building the company with the most inspiring people around me.
The whole team recently went to Bali for a workation. We stayed together a month in Canggu, working every day and hanging out in the weekends. It's the stuff startup dreams are made of and it was worth it in so many ways. The team bond is stronger then ever and our motivation is through the roof.
We even celebrated my 2 year anniversary while there with cake and bubbles, a truly emotional moment. I can confidently say it's been a crazy ride, but all the better for it.
So if you are quick witted, keen to learn, not afraid to take risks and want to join us on our mission to save the planet, drop us an email, we'd love to meet you."
- Orsi Szentes, Head of Growth
We are looking for a Textile Materials Engineer to be part of our team. We are seeking someone with knowledge of linking textile processing, structure and properties to performance. If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, we’re looking for you. In this role, you will focus on advancing fiber properties and textile structures on fabric.
- Focusing on understanding the impact of raw materials, processes and other external factors on the durability of final product performance
- Linking the chemical, physical and mechanical properties of fibers, textiles, and flexible composites to apparel performance
- Partnering with team members and cross-functional stakeholders to identify, develop and utilize textile characterization
Desired Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Textile Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Polymer Science and Engineering, or other relevant BA.
- Experience with textile or flexible composite materials, chemical processing and characterization OR Master’s / Ph.D. degree in Materials Science and Engineering, Polymer Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Textile Engineering
- Strong working knowledge of the mechanical/chemical behavior of textiles or flexible composites
- Experience with chemical fabric finishes
- Knowledge of compatibilityof chemical mixtures
- Experience linking textile properties, structure, processing and performance (i.e. abrasion, tear, strength, stiffness, toughness, wettability, adhesion, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of textile/flexible composite testing and characterization
- Hands-on experience with test method development
- Experience with/knowlgede about nanotechnology
- Knowledge about Fluorcarbons, Hydrocarbons, PFCs/PECs, C4 or C6 chemistry
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
LABFRESH is a premium menswear brand specialised in smart cotton fabrics. We are passionate about minimalistic Scandinavian design and disruptive technologies.
We are 2-years old, growing fast, and based in the red light district of Amsterdam.
We are looking for a textile nerd that can help us create the most timeless and durable menswear collection in the world.
As an intern you touch the entire product function and the process from design to on-time delivery. You get the chance to work directly with every link in our supply chain, including fabric mills, textile innovation labs, and factories. Your mission is to ensure the quality, reliability, and sustainability of the new products we are developing.
- Working closely with founders on the LABFRESH Product Roadmap
- Sourcing and producing technical fabrics in collaboration with our agent.
- Research and prototype new finishings and yarns.
- Setting up and testing quality control in our in-house lab.
What we offer
- Responsibility from day 1
- €250 in monthly compensation
- Friday drinks
- Unlimited office dog cuddling
Design & engineering
LABFRESH is a young start-up based in the heart of Amsterdam, on the iconic Brouwersgracht. With a small team of 10 hackers and fashionistas we make stain- and odour repellent menswear. Our mission is to fight overconsumption by making life-proof apparels that barely needs washing and lasts a lifetime.
We are looking for a fun and talented part-time colleague to support our customer and marketing teams. Someone who can tell great stories and give our customers the attention they deserve, so our brand and customer experience is elevated to the next level.
- B2C customer support via email, chat and in our showroom - giving the best direct service online and offline
- Develop and write Danish content for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, blog, and website.
- Support with ad-hoc tasks
What we are looking for
- Genuinely care about delighting customers with your words and actions
- Great Danish and English writing skills
- Available for 8-12 hours per week
- Available for a minimum of 6 months
What we offer
- Unique startup culture where we have more fun than most
- Flexible hours based on your schedule
- Market conform hourly salary
- Beautiful office/showroom on the ground floor of the best canal in Amsterdam
- Unlimited office dog cuddling
- Drinks and popcorn on Fridays
Does that sound like a job you would like? Then please send your application to email@example.com