The textile revolution is here, be on the front line of making a change, one shirt at a time. What's it like to work at LABFRESH? Keep on reading.
"Why should you join us, you might ask. Well, let me start at the beginning.
I joined LABFRESH as the first employee, just 2 months after Kasper & Lotte have put the first ever business shirt on Kickstarter. I had full responsibility from day one and the first few months were challenging: with no inventory to sell, we had to start building a company from the ground up and learning as we go. Luckily we quickly found that people believed in us and the product. The support from family, friends, press and customers still warms my heart daily.
As for my position as Head of Growth, I am challenged in my role daily - and even outside of it! I am constantly learning new things and developing myself while building the company with the most inspiring people around me.
The whole team recently went to Bali for a workation. We stayed together a month in Canggu, working every day and hanging out in the weekends. It's the stuff startup dreams are made of and it was worth it in so many ways. The team bond is stronger then ever and our motivation is through the roof.
We even celebrated my 2 year anniversary while there with cake and bubbles, a truly emotional moment. I can confidently say it's been a crazy ride, but all the better for it.
So if you are quick witted, keen to learn, not afraid to take risks and want to join us on our mission to save the planet, drop us an email, we'd love to meet you."
- Orsi Szentes, Head of Growth
In June we open our first flagship store in Van Baerlestraat 32 - financed 100% by our community and with our HQ on the top floor.
Please be like this
Like all of us at LABFRESH you have to genuinely care about delighting our awesome community. They are more than just regular customers - they literally help us develop new products and fund new innovations. See the video below about how our community paid for this store.
The scope of work is varied - we appreciate a contagious energy and an entrepreneurial spirit in everything you do. To enjoy startup life you need to be a fast-learner and willing to develop new skills within areas we decide on together. Entrepreneurship is not always an easy ride, but it sure builds character.
What ya gonna do?
- You will be the first retail expert in the team and help the founders write the playbook for our retail expansion in The Netherlands, Germany, and Denmark.
- Run and optimize our flagship store and 6 department store wholsale partners (shop-in-shops)
- Recruiting & team management
- Suggest new initiatives to attract new customers, expand store traffic, and enhance profitability.
- Gradually expand your role within an area you are passionate about (e.g. branding, content creation, collection building, customer care, or sales)
- 2+ years of experience as store manager or a similar retail leadership role, preferably within apparels or a fast-growing DTC brand.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and understand that this is not a 9 to 5 job - it requires genuine commitment, enthusiasm, and a can-do attitude.
- You have impeccable attention to detail; the presentation of our brand should always be immaculate and on-brand.
- Structured & organised, since you will be owning your own projects
- Willing to work weekends
- Fluent Dutch and English
What’s the deal?
- Get in on the ground floor of a hyped startup and adapt the role to fit your passions.
- Fast-track your personal growth by joining a culture where you can experiment and execute without having to worry about “management” (you report directly to a founder).
- €2,000 clothing budget every year,
- Market-conform salary and bonus
- Be a part of a lively combined store and office where we crack many jokes, cook many eggs, and have many VrijMiBos. We even have a big terrasse and a cuddly office dog.
Sounds like it's you we're looking for? Send an email to email@example.com.
The short story
LABFRESH makes premium menswear, with a fresh take on sustainability. Our own FreshCore ™ technique is a unique combination of textile treatments: hydrophobic, antibacterial and easy-care. Thanks to these properties, our clothing is stain, odour and wrinkle free. Sustainable innovation without compromise. "Buy less, wash less, wear more" is our motto.
We are growing fast online and are now ready to move from our showroom to our first physical store in Amsterdam.
We are looking for someone that can help us create the most timeless and durable menswear collection in the world. As a member of the product team, you are responsible for supporting the whole process of product development from design, to sourcing fabrics and finishings, to developing products, all the way to on-time delivery. Your mission is to ensure the quality, reliability, and sustainability of the new products we are developing.
- Working closely with the founders on the LABFRESH Product Roadmap
- Ensuring the quality of our products by product fittings and quality testing
- Sourcing and producing technical fabrics in collaboration with our mills
- Research and prototyping
- Creating and updating tech packs
- Monitoring production planning & delivery times
What we offer
- Responsibility from day 1
- €250 in monthly compensation
- Friday drinks
- Unlimited office dog cuddling
- Be in Amsterdam 4-5 days per week
- Studying Textile Engineering at Saxion, Production management at AMFI, or a similar study
- Fluent in English (Dutch is not necessary)
Production Manager & Textile Engineer
LOCATION: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
FUNCTION: Production & Product development
DURATION: Minimum 5 months
START DATE: What suits within your university